Monday, September 09, 2002

Today I put the last of the PDF version of Vision together. That took hours, of course. And I seem to have come to pretty much a 'hit the wall' stop on the novel, though maybe I'm just starting to see a few cracks along the edges now. I'm over 60,000 words which was all I wanted for this first draft, and I still have two big scenes left to do. It may edge up close to 70,000 before I'm done.

It's odd how different books work. Most often I get this close to the end and it just runs away. That's not working with this one. Right now a lot of outside stress has slowed me down, but once I fall into the work, I usually do all right. I had hoped to finish the book tonight... and who knows? I might make it yet.

Muse is an interesting book to work on. Different genre for me, different types of characters -- for the most part. I've enjoyed the work, and I'm looking forward to the rewrite. Maybe too much so. Maybe I should turn my little mind back to writing the ending and then let it run wild with the ideas for the rewrites.

Like I have that kind of control. (grin)

No comments: