Thursday, September 05, 2002

Russ has read through all of Muse and liked it so far. I had feared I'd lost some of the feel for the last couple chapters, but he's says it's fine. Rough in spots, but not bad at all for a first draft. With that in mind, I wrote about 1700 words so far tonight, and I've made it through one serious part of the novel. I'm going to the end of this chapter, at least, and maybe farther.

But it's short. What a shock, right? Everything I write is short these days. Unless, of course, I intend to write a short story, and then it turns into a novella.

I'm going to have to sit down with the book and work out where I can add some scenes. I know I had some stuff in mind when I first considered this book, and I've left it off to concentrate on one aspect of the mystery. I think it's time to go back and try to add that material back in.

Well, not quite yet, actually. Right now I'm going to just work my way through to the end of the book.

But you know... it's one of the better pieces I've ever written. And fun.

No comments: