Tuesday, September 24, 2002

Russ is off to a teaching/speaking deal. He drives up tonight, does the work tomorrow, and drives back home. He'll make a good amount of money for this little one day work, too, which his nice. He's really good at this sort of thing.

On Thursday he's got an appointment in Omaha at noon... so I get to go to the zoo! There's a chance it may be raining, which would be perfect -- hardly any people around, and all the places I want to see are indoors anyway, which is why this zoo is open all year. There's nothing quite like walking from the snow into the Lied Jungle. This will be the first winter for the Desert Dome, too.

But today was kind of frantic. We got the car in to be repaired, but it took them longer than anticipated, so Russ barely had time to rush to the bank afterwards, load up the car, and run for it. It's a 200 mile drive to Mason City, and he hopes to get plenty of rest tonight. An early start would have been nice... but a working car (power steering was going out big time), is rather more important.

So, I havn't started writing yet. I've done a couple little lines on Dacey, but not enough to really count. Probably negative numbers, in fact.

I'll have to set up a number of 'must edit' pages on Dacey for each day. Otherwise I'm apt to put it aside for something needing less brain power. I need to get it done. So... If I wanted to get it done by the end of this month, how many pages would have I have to edit per day?

Hmmm... a lot. 55-60 pages a day, which is not an impossible number, of course, but it does look high right now when I can't seem to get moving on anything. Okay, let's add an etra week to that, cutting the number of pages to do per day in half. I can do 30 a day, probably. A lot of it will depend on how much more additional material goes in. But you know... it looks like a plan. Two weeks to having Dacey's Dream done. I can live with that.

I guess I better get to work on it, huh?

No comments: