Thursday, October 03, 2002

I'm back up for the second... no the third time. The cats all seem pretty much fine, though Kin is starting to sound congested this afternoon. Hell, I'm starting to sound congested now, so I'm not going to make much of it just yet.

I'm hoping that today will be a quiet, just type and don't think about much else, day. It hasn't started out that way, but it's only 3pm. I could get a lot of work done if I could just... do it.

Days left in year
90
Words left to write
268,303
Words left per day
2,981.14

That's not too bad. I keep dropping the Words left per day total down, and then going a few days with barely 1000, and it jumps back up. I would like to make a real dent in it, although writing 3000 words a day isn't that much of a stretch for me. I just keep starting at it too late in the day, and get all growly about 5am when I still have a few hundred words to go.

I signed up for the NaNoWriMo novel in a month deal yesterday... and then panicked because I haven't a clue what I am going to do for it. I may, however, have found a good answer. I've been working on Freedom and Fame, but it just... stopped. I've been adding world building notes, but no new text. I think I'm going to scrap the first 10,000 words that I've written already and start over on November 1. This gives me all the rest of October to finish up the world building and plotting notes. With luck, then, I'll have figured out what went wrong in the first version, and be able to just push straight through the draft.

I rather like this plan. It gives me a novel in November and one more first draft for the series. It also means I won't have yet another novel to finish before the end of the year.

Well, you never know what might happen between now and November 1, but for the moment, this is going to be my plan.

No comments: