Sunday, October 27, 2002

I have given up trying to get the web stuff to work. I'll do it tomorrow. It's too late to keep messing around with this, and it just gives me a worse headache anyway. I'm already getting the little light flashes in my right eye -- prelude to really bad headaches if I don't ease up.

I have barely written 300 words for the day. I am going to go work on the outline for Freedom and Fame. I'm having fun with it. I wasn't certain I would, but the way I'm doing it seems to be working very well for me. I'm outlining in what I call 'phases.' They're not quite pages, and they're not quite scenes. Transistions is too strong a word, as well. But they follow the flow of the story by giving a line or two of description in what's going on. There may be several phases to a scene. So far I have 79 phases based on the original 50 pages of material. I've also cut several scenes, not to mention five characters, from the original story. Cutting the characters makes the phasing even more important since I have to work around people who are no longer there, and make certain anything essential that they covered is picked up by someone else.

I'm running out of time, though. I need to get this done and Vision put together. I may have to work in the 'reward' method. I can only work on the outline if I do X amount of work on Vision. I'll have to start that tomorrow, though. Today I've had quite enough of putting together things.

Okay, starting count for the outline was 2831. I am now up to 3153. I need to write 2786 words for the day to keep on my goal.

Somehow, I don't think I'm going to make it.


No comments: