Monday, October 28, 2002

I have run into a plotting problem with Freedom and Fame. By cutting out so much of the original novel, I have deleted a large section of the conflict. It was stupid conflict, mind you, but still... better than nothing? Maybe not, but it has left me with this gap that I am having trouble filling with anything of interest. It shouldn't be that way, of course. My people are up to their asses in trouble. They have to make a long journey over dangerous terrain that they will only survive because they have a couple powerful mages with them. And they have an enemy dogging their steps... ah, of course. Take away the power of one of those mages, and surviving the journey becomes far less likely. Take Abby and Tristan away from the group, and can they still expect the blessing that follows them and their followers? Okay, I can see a couple spots there that can be expanded. I don't want to dwell too long on the journey part anyway, but because I have stressed the danger in doing what they are doing, I can't just leap over it and say 'and then they walked out of the mountains and reached the city.'

Good. That helps.

I'm working pretty well on Vision, too. Going together nicely. Shouldn't take too much to get it done now, though I still have one missing piece that I need to do. Not too much of a problem.

No comments: