Saturday, October 26, 2002

Actually, now I'm done with the PDF file. I forgot to do one important step. It really didn't take that long, and I'm glad I didn't send it out before it was done.

In the mean time, I'm trying to get the web pages to go together. It keeps crashing on the very first item. Not a good sign.

Sigh. I could be writing now, you know. I could be working on my notes to Freedom and Fame, which is going very well. Or I could be working out the details for my new short story. But instead I'm working on this damned agenda. For... four hours now, right? Something that, if they sent the material to me properly, I could do in maybe an hour. That is the frustration. I like doing the pdf's. I don't even mind doing the web site stuff. I would gladly do it forever... If someone on their end would just take the time to check the material before they send it to me, so that I'm not spending hours matching stuff up and making it readable.

The site I do this for has won national awards. But the people at the other end are less and less interested in seeing it work properly. I'm afraid it's coming to a time when I'm going to have to say do what you want with it, just don't bother me any more.

On the good news front, Russ will be home in the next hour. And he will bring pizza tonight. I'm looking forward to it. And I might just have to skip this part of the web site if it refuses to go up and move on to the other parts. And then... Yes, write...

I'm killing a little time here to see if the web stuff is going to bomb out again before I try to do something else. I can only sit and stare at it for so long...

So. I have a lovely new little short story. I'm working up the main conflict in my mind, but the intro 800 words are pretty good so far, and I have a wonderful closing line. I think it will stay less than 4000 or so words -- pretty short for me. I even have a market in mind for it, which is rare. I don't normally think about markets when I work. (Ignoring the fact that I can't even get the web program to open now... We'll just pretend I didn't check, right?) I don't expect the story to fit their needs, but I still think it's going to be a good little piece. I haven't written nearly enough short stories this year.

Huh. It seems to have done something. Post this and back to work...

No comments: