Monday, February 04, 2002

I have decided that I'm trying too hard.

That probably sounds odd, but I think I'm putting too much pressure on this story, and I need to step back and relax about it. I don't want to mess it up. Right now I feel like the characters are dull, and that's making the intro dull. I had better characters in my head when I started considering this story, and I need to sit back and think them out.

In the mean time, I think I'm going to work on some short stories. And Abby, which has gotten lost in the shuffle again. Just work a little bit on Game of Time and not push so hard when it's not yet ready to fly.

Probably wouldn't hurt to watch some Buffy episodes over again, too. Not that this story is really Buffy-like, but it did get me thinking outside my usual box, so to speak.

I wrote a strange short story yesterday. I wonder if I could turn out a few more, just for the fun of it.

No comments: