Saturday, February 09, 2002

Here it is -- Saturday afteroon and I'm waiting for two things. First is the city council agenda that I need to have to do the pdf and the web site. Russ just talked to the city clerk -- who does not work on Saturdays -- and she said they are having trouble with it. The thing must be a nightmare. I can't say I'm looking forward to it. I do have about a dozen attachments that I can put together early, though. That will help.

The second thing I'm waiting for is the snow. They're pretty insistant that we're going to get some. A lot, in fact. It's raining now, which is never a good lead in to snow. Ice on the streets, etc.

I think I'm on the edge of being rejuvinated for writing. Things have been a little slow for me, but I'm going to kick in soon. I can feel it building. Nothing as showy as the last few months of 2001, but I think I'll do all right. (grin) I have done considerable editing work this year already, which is different for me. Lots of stuff out. I'm pleased.

Russ is off helping someone with their computer. Luckily, it's only a few blocks away -- so if the weather does change as quickly and badly as they say, he shouldn't have any trouble getting home. He went grocery shopping this morning before I got up, so we're doing well with food. A couple days, hiding out in the house, isn't all bad. After all -- he bought me the last three Sharpe episodes on DVD a few days ago. I haven't seen them. And we picked up the non-dubbed version of Mad Max as well.

Of course with our luck, the power will go out. Ah well. Lots of batteries for the Visor -- I could still write. (grin) And read for that matter -- I do have a few books on it. That's after it got dark, of course. It's so gray out there today that I suspect it's going to get dark early.

Okay, off to do a litte work and get the attachments ready for the pdf and the website.



No comments: