Tuesday, July 02, 2002

You know, it's bad enough to have the site down. Or chat. But to have both go down at the same time is just plain evil and should be outlawed, especially on the first day of the new dare. Well, especially on the day when I'm doing so well. I'm going to be heading to bed soon. I'm hopign to get about 400 more words on the worldbuilding notes for the new novel first, but I'm not certain I'll get that far.

It's been a very nicely productive day. And it cooled down tonight, and I'm going to take advantage of that and try to sleep for a while. It should be nice tonight, and I could use a little more sleep than I have been getting.

I'm pleased that Dacey's Dream is going so well right now. I hope that it continues this way... it will be (as usual) a short first draft, but I can get it all down and worry about fleshing it out afterwards. I would love to have this done in one month.

I still haven't quite decided which book I'm going to rewrite for the Dare. Yes, I have another book I'm working on in a rewrite -- a very serious rewrite, since it's sold. But I want to start a new one for the dare. I may hold off until I'm done with this one, though. That way, if it bogs down, I don't have to worry about getting the other one done as well. If it doesn't bog down, but keeps going as well as it has, then I'll have time for one of the shorter YA novels -- Waiting for the Last Dance, Differential Equations, or maybe even Circe's Gifts.

Short story rewrites are something else. I'll get to them soon and get a few new pieces out.

But right now... well, now I only have about 300 more words to do on the worldbuilding. So off I go!

No comments: