Sunday, July 28, 2002

Well yes, it was a long day where I got virtually nothing done. Wrote up the rules for the Novel Exchange at Forward Motion. Set some definite rules in place this time, so that there won't be anyone lost, or someone giving critiques without getting any in return. It's a lot of work to do a novel critique.

I was supposedly partly in charge before, but I left it in other hands because I was tired of being told how I kept taking things over. It didn't quite work out for everyone, though. So this time... Well, I can't say that it will work better, but I'm going to give it an honest try.

I wrote most of a new chapter for Dacey's Dream tonight. This is good. It's brought the novel up to 55,000 words. The new sub-plot should do just fine, though I suspect even it will fall a little short. The real final count won't come until I go through and make certain everything is melded together.

But all in all, it's going fine. Just slow today...

No comments: