Friday, August 09, 2002

There is a cricket behind my desk. The incessant chirping is driving me mad. It's even driven the cats from the room, which is not entirely bad thing. But still... I don't know how much work I'll get done like this.

I watched the Harry Potter movie tonight, finally. Quite enjoyable. A pleasant 2.5 hours and a good way to get rid of that headache (which is now chirping its way back into my brain...)

Russ bought me something neat tonight. I have a modern day mystery novel that I intend to write soon. We've talked about it quite a bit. A good amount of the book takes places in houses. I wanted to have a real feel for them.

A couple years ago someone said they'd bought one of those house layout programs and it helped them. I thought I might like to do the same. So Russ bought me 3D Home Architect Deluxe 4.0. It not only has layout, but camera views and landscaping and all kinds of fun stuff. I'm going to go load it in right now and play with a bit. Yes, even though I have not done much writing at all. This is going to be a short night. Oh well. I'm looking forward to designing a house or two. (grin)

No comments: