When I got up today, the headache that had been plaguing me for days had grown to full forced head exploding pain. Unfortunately there were things that had to be done. I worked through them, very slowly, but steadily. I took more asprin. Words started to be words again, and not just designs on the computer or paper. I finally remembered how to turn on the TV and the VCR, although by that point I no longer needed the brainless entertainment.
Tonight I need to get back to work. I am stopped by the fact that a back up of a new story didn't work, and I have less than 400 words out of a bit over 2000. Granted, in most cases, this wouldn't be a real problem. I don't mind reworking it from here. It wasn't that much material. But with the headache just sitting there ready to leap out... well, I think I'm going to have to let that rest, and stop where I am on word count.
Oh, this is just great. The backup of the new short story didn't take, and I've lost about 1700 words or more. Maybe around 2000. Ah well. I can redo that much.