Wednesday, May 08, 2002

So, I do all this other work -- web sites, classes, etc. Stuff around the house on occassion. And the day gets later and later, and somewhere around midnight I finally sit down to write. I am usually awake enough, but my mind is worn down. It takes me a bit to get going. I rarely write as much as I planned to.

I woke up this morning and thought about the list of things to do -- work on the downloadable Vision files, do some city web work, clean my office up. Work on the class material for next week... and I would really like to pull out all my zoo pictures so I can fix some material on the web site. That would be fun.

But then I asked myself THE question.

Are you a writer or not? Is it what you want to define yourself by, or is it all this other stuff?

If you are a writer, then why isn't it the first thing you do?

Why do I always put it of to last? Well, I know part of the answer. I do it because I know once I start, I'm not going to want to quit to the do the web work, the class stuff, the Vision work. But would I rather not do the writing instead?

I'm going to be writing earlier after today. I haven't quite started yet. It's way to big a change in my work schedule to just drop into on a morning whim. But I'm going to at least do some writing earlier in the day from now on. It's about time.

No comments: