Tuesday, March 19, 2002

I had a good writing day. I didn't get as much done, word wise, as the previous day -- but I made some very good decisions on material to leave out from the original version.

I suspect that I'm about 12,000 words from the end of the novel, but then I'll give it another edit, and I aready know of places to add a few things. I'm not entirely sure what kind of word count I'll have at the end. I would like at least 80,000 -- though even that sounds low to me.

But still... it's a much better story than I could have hoped for at some points along the way. I just need to bring the theme in a little more.

I am also having a great time putting together the material for the upcoming classes I will be hosting at Forward Motion. Those don't start until April 1, at least. Before then I have a rather odd five day dare to get through. I think I know what I'm going to write during it, too -- The notes on it are going very well.

But then I've done that before and not gotten very far, right? Well, I have a better feeling for this one.

But now it's 5 in the morning, and I'm going to go crawl off to bed for a while!

No comments: