Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Working away

I've spent most of today fixing problems with various sites, getting the back issues updated for Vision, and I'm about to attack the PDF version. I hope it won't be much trouble for a change.

I've been following my own advise in my Vision Article on doing the writing first... but in my own odd way. I've started writing for the day after midnight so that I start out when I wake up with a few hundred words. It's helped. I don't feel quite as much pressure about not doing what I really want to do in order to make time for the work.

I still need to get more writing done, of course, but at least there's 500 words there already today.

Touched by the Wild is not going as well as I hoped. I think this section just needs an entire rethink I'm even having doubts that this is the novel I want to put up on a blog. We'll see. It's not like I don't have plenty of others to share, and I'd rather do one that I feel good about. I liked the way this one started, but it's gotten lost and I'm not sure I want to work that hard to fix it, especially since I have so many other projects that I really want to get done. We'll see. It might just be my state of mind at the moment.

But there it is... my work for the day. I need to get back to it. PDF of Vision next. After that... we'll see! Posted by Picasa

No comments: