Monday, July 03, 2006

Good bye to Gracie

We had to have the dog put to sleep this afternoon. It was not an easy decision because, while she'd looked bad this morning, by this afternoon she was up and moving around again, and pretty happy.

But she wouldn't eat and her constant panting had started to get a slight whistle sound to it. And her inability to stand this morning clued us that things were going bad quickly -- although that turned out to be a slightly different problem.

Rather than let her go to where she would be miserable, we said good-bye this afternoon.

So, no, it' s still not a good day. I thought 2006 was going to be better than 2005, but so far I've not seen an improvement. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Zette, I know that's a hard thing to do. My thoughts are with you.

Jean said...

I'm sorry, Zette and Russ. It's so hard to say good-bye to our four-footed companions, but you know when the time is right to make things better for them.

Lisa Cohen said...

Zette,

We had to say goodbye to Max, our 16 year old Lhasa Apso a year and a half ago. I still miss the 'ole fuzzhead.

My condolances.

Megan said...

I'm very sorry.