Sunday, July 30, 2006

Lots of work done

This is a picture of tonight's sunset. That's not clouds in the air, it's just haze from the horrid humidity. We haven't seen clouds in quite a while, though they say we may have storms on Wednesday.

There's one thing to be said about this damned heat wave -- I don't want to go anywhere else, so I appear to be getting more work done, at least as long as it doesn't get too hot in the house. Once the heat gets too high here, I'm pretty much useless.

I wrote over 3000 words today, edited a short story, did a critique for my very first writing partner from years and years and years ago, and worked on some cover art. I posted new pictures to the zoo site (only about 40 to go, so I hope to have them done over the next two days), and got some work done for DTF.

I must remember to post the 2YN class stuff tomorrow and write up more material for the August challenges and such at FM.

You know, if I could make $5 a day working on the stuff at FM, I'd make enough to justify the time I put into it. Not that I really have to justify anything, but at times like these when you're looking for income anywhere, a person starts thinking odd things like that. LOL.

Russ has a second job interview on Monday. It's only for a three month project, but it would be a real help right now. They seem enthusiastic. And it's in Omaha, so that's not bad, either. Think good thoughts.

And there is my news for the day. Touched by the Wild is still not done, so no blog yet. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll get to it at all, but -- of course -- I'm not giving up on the story. It's doing well enough, but I'm going to have to start looking at other work again soon. Now that I'm getting past that horrid round of bad mood and terrible stuff happening, I think I can move on to more serious work again. Posted by Picasa

No comments: