Saturday, July 08, 2006

I went to the zoo!

These are three douroucouli, a South American night monkey. They make me laugh every time I see them. They always look like they're smiling.

It was a good day at the zoo. It didn't get is hot as I feared, and though I had a couple 'bad moments' when I felt weak and ill, I was able to sit them out and go on.

And, for once, the zoo seemed to be filled with mostly polite people. I was only kicked by one kid today who was swinging on some bars by stairs while his mother talked away with a friend, oblivious. Sometimes parents amaze me. And sometimes I wonder how their kids survive.

I'm considering doing a short writing day tomorrow and and maybe again on Sunday and getting the rest of my zoo pictures in order and posted at the blog. It sounds like fun -- once I'm awake enough to handle it.

I think I can post a few pictures tonight, at least! I might go do that now and then go off to bed. Posted by Picasa

No comments: