Sunday, July 09, 2006

Funnel cloud

We had to run out to the store for kitten food about 5:30 this afternoon, and this is what I spotted while sitting in the car. Actually, this is the second one -- it came up just after Russ got back.

This is a funnel cloud, not a tornado. It never made it to the ground, and it was neater than hell to watch, but hard to get a clear picture because of all the humidity and dusty in the air from the winds.

We didn't even get any rain out of the storm, though they did get stuff to the east of us -- the direction of this storm from home.

My little slinky jaguar kitten (Edmond) is in my lap while I type tonight. He's in a real 'love you' mood tonight -- hold on. This isn't Edmond. It's Zaphod. Well, that explains it! Zaphod is a teddy bear in cat fur.

I did a good amount of zoo picture work today and now it's time to get back to work on all the writing projects.

Now I have Edmond in my lap, too. I don't know how I'm supposed to work like this. They're such distractions! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jean said...

Come on! You know you love distractions like Edmond and Zaphod. {grin} Teddy bear in cat fur--that's cute.

Good shot of the funnel cloud.