Wednesday, July 07, 2004



The day before Russ came home I was sitting at the desk working (and chatting) when I felt a sharp pain in my back. For the next two days I could barely move from one room to the next, and last night was the first night I got more than a couple hours sleep at a time. It's not cleared up yet, but I'm able to sit a little better now.

This has been especially annoying because I was in the midst of cleaning out a bunch of junk from various corners of the house. I never got it all done, and now the place looks worse than it did when I started. I've begun getting a few of the things put away again --little stuff, though. The big things are going to have to wait another week or so.

I'm also faced with the problem of actually writing when it's painful to sit here for any length of time. I've done reasonably well there, though I have to get up often and walk around. Sooma has turned out to be a great idea after all since it's been so much fun and relatively easy to work with.

Princess Cricket came home yesterday and is quite happy, and quite talkative, telling me about the horrid time she had and how could we do that to her?

The weather here is positivle cool for a change. It's very odd. We're barely hitting the 70's and we've had rain for several days in a row. This is summer, right? I'm sure the real stuff will sneak in soon -- Temps in the 100's, heat index up around 115. We still have the rest of July and August to go, after all.

I'm not complaining about the current weather. It just makes me nervous. (grin)

I'm editing Mirrors. It's going fairly quickly, and may mean I'll have something for submission soon. Then it will be back to the next book in the series.

Sooma total so far: 20,047

No comments: