Monday, April 14, 2003



I'm starting to get confused about which pictures I've used. I'm taking them from my journal site.

Yesterday's writing was a bare 1000 words spread over two different projects. The first was a much needed Vision article that I was so relieved to get done I almost didn't do anything else. The other 500 words are on a new short story that likely won't reach much more than 1000 words total. I like those kinds of stories. A nice, quick fix. (grin)

I have the start of a really silly story in my head. I want to get some background worked out for it before I start, and I've actually put off doing it in hopes of getting one of the older pieces done first. So, starting tomorrow, I'm going to have a new schedule of work for a few days. I'll be doing at least 250 words on each of the following projects until one of them takes over my brain:

Emergent (Novel)
Hope in Hell (Novel)
Nightmares and Monsters (short)
Children Play in Shadows (short)

250 words on each of those will net me 1000 words. And it also allows me to dabble in the stories until my brain picks one of them up and runs with it. The last one, though, will not be very long. When I'm through with it, I'll either start another short piece I have in notes, or change the total to 350 words for the other three works. I would like to clear one of the novels out of the queue, but they are both probably going to take a lot more attention than I feel I can give them until after Vision is done.

And that's another part of the schedule, of course. I'll be editing one or two Vision articles a day. And I will be self-editing a couple short stories to go out. I'm working on Niche right now, which is taking a bit more work than I expected.

At any rate, I'll be busy for the next couple weeks. May will start to look a little clearer again, I think. That may be when I schedule the new 'funny story' to start. Except, of course, that means I have to also add some research time into my daily schedule now, to have the material I'll need then.

Ah well. It's not like I'm really working that hard.

Or sleeping, apparently. (Looks at the 6am reading on her computer...)

No comments: