Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Cats and dog fed. I'm sitting here with two nice bean burrittos -- and wondering why the only things in the fridge we run out of before they go bad is Diet Pepsi and salsa. It's questions like that which can define an entire lifestyle, you know...

Listening to Dan Folgleberg's The Wild Places, which really fits this novel. Glad I thought of it. I saw Fogelberg in concert (according ot the ticket in this CD case -- on March 22nd, 1994. Doesn't seem like it should be that long ago. A couple songs on this cd -- The Wild Places and The Spirit Trail in particular -- are good for the novel. I might copy them off and do a cd for this novel. Depends on if I find enough. I think Dougie Mcleans 'Ready for the Storm' would be a good one, too. But then, I think Ready for the Storm is good for just about anything...

Oh, and Eagles' The Last Resort -- the live version off of Hell Freezes Over.

Looks like some storms heading this way. I better finish my food and get some writing done, in case they do kick up. It doesn't look like they will, but you never know. Unfortunately, it looks like worse down in Omaha, where Russ is helping friends move. He had hoped to get it done tonight so that he wouldn't need to go back tomorrow. Tomorrow night he has a class to teach about 60 miles west of here, so he'd have to drive to Omaha, help with that, then leave early enough to get home, clean up, and drive out to the other little town. With the look of the weather (which is supposed to be bad tomorrow, too), they aren't going to get done tonight, though.

Okay... going to finish dinner and plan on starting to work about 6pm my time -- a bit less than half an hour to go. I don't think the storms are going to be that bad.

Of course, if you don't hear from me for the rest of the night, you'll know I was wrong...

No comments: