Tuesday, April 08, 2003

60,500 words. Going all right, though nothing outstanding. I'm concentrating on getting the story down and I'll be happy to get the first draft done in the next couple days. I'm getting very close to the end. I have five chapters left, and two of them are very short little bits.

It's good to have the feel for this again, even if it's not completely there. Moving at all is nice.

And I have an idea for a new story. Novella, I think -- I can't see this one sustaining a full novel. A funny story about people not being entirely honest with each other. Fantasy set in Ireland, I think, about the 1200's to 1400's. I'm just feeling out the characters now, and I think it's going to be fun to write.

No, I don't need another story.

So?

Better too many than not enough to keep me busy. (grin)

(And the fingers are a lot better today, though the left hand still hurts when I type too much!)

No comments: