Tuesday, April 22, 2003



I love the way the light made everything look silver. Very hard picture to catch, and this doesn't really do it justice, but still nice.

I appear to have missed another day in the blog. I'm not sure how that happened, except that I've been busy writing. I finally finished The Business of Monsters and Nightmares. Something over 15,000 words and NOT a novella, I'm happy to say. Of course, since it's the first of four linked stories, that probably doesn't really count for much, does it?

I have eight days until the new month and the start of the rewrite dare. I need to get the rest of Vision done in those days, edit a couple pieces and work on Ruins, which needs a complete rewrite. I have several new sections to add in, and a change in a lot of other other material. I'm going to start it tomorrow (later today, actually), but I won't get it done before May 1.

I have two short stories to send out, and I don't know what to do with either of them. Very odd. One is The Musing of Four Muses -- A Cautionary Tale for Writers and the other is Children Play in Shadows, which Russ liked and made a couple suggestions on. They're both very short, at least by my standards. The muse one is going to be the harder to place, I think.

Right now I need to take Ruins off to the bathtub with me and make a few more notes on inserted chapters, a murder or two, and see how it goes.

No comments: