Friday, March 17, 2006

A bit of green for the day....

I'm messing with some pictures tonight. Mostly I'm working on the zoo pictures from the last trip -- my, a couple nice ones there! But I pulled this one up from the old FD91 collection so that I could have bit of green for St. Paddy's Day. The zoo pictures will go up soon, I hope. I'm just having fun with them. And today I got a new, updated ID so I can get into the zoo without Russ. LOL. I'll be able to there any time now during the next year. I am so looking forward to this!

Russ has the first part of the 2YN class. I don't know when he'll get a chance to look it over, but I'm starting the final edits on the second part and writing the last needed material for the rest of it.

We keep hearing that there's going to be a lot of snow on Sunday. This is about right, of course. Russ goes back to Omaha on Monday, so of course we'll get the worst snow storm of the year the day before and into Monday. This is just another clear sign of what we've been calling the "Don't go to Z'Ha'Dum" syndrome. You know you shouldn't do it. You know you're going to go anyway.

I have discovered something interesting as I've been working the last few days. While I can write fiction long into the night, I need to stop with the nonfiction no later than around midnight. I think it's just too much work for my poor brain to handle, and by that time of night my eyes are starting to wear out and I'm not comfortable any more. Fiction lives far more in my brain and I don't have to see what I'm writing. Nonfiction, especially of this type, is far harder to do and takes a great deal more attention. I've known that on one level, having been working on the 2YN stuff for over two years now, but I hadn't really thought about it.

Oh, and the other good news! I finally located both parts of my Adobe Acrobat program so I can finally get the PDF versions of Vision done again! I'm going to try and get all three of them this weekend.

And that's the news from me today. I have about three hours until midnight. Time to get back to work on the 2YN book! Posted by Picasa

No comments: