Thursday, March 20, 2003



I used to write a lot more haiku than I do these days. A nice picture, a bit of haiku... it was fun.

I'm not sure if it's as much lack of time or lack of inspiration that's kept me from writing many in the last few years. I might try it again, soon. It was fun, and relaxing.

Right now, though, I have other things to get done. Still working on Those Who Seek Sanctuary. Yesterday was too emotionally overbearing to get much work done. Tonight I have reached reconcilliation, along with the realization that how I feel about certain aspects of life -- including the war -- are my feelings, and since I'm not looking to argue with anyone about them, nor will the affect the outcome of what's going on, I can afford to keep those thoughts mostly to myself. I'll rant and rave now and then when something strikes me, but for the most part, I'm going to turn my attention back to writing. It's the way I get through things.

So, with luck, I'll still get the one book done in time before I start the new one. I have several notes to type up in my Access file -- which is working so well that I'm going to do an article on how to do it, I think.

But right now... write. Calm. Enjoy what bits of life as you can, because so much is out of your hands, that you cannot say what will happen tomorrow.

No comments: