Tuesday, March 25, 2003

2844 words so far. While that may not sound like much, they are really GOOD words. And I'm only on page 2 of my outline.

I was held up a bit by some background I hadn't thought to check, mainly in the form of a weapon to give to my MC. I settled on something for now, but I'll likely change, mutate, update it for something in 2030.

I've introduced one of my two main characters and a bit about the world in which she lives. She's now on her way to the scene of trouble where she will meet MC number two.

(If this shows up twice, it's not my fault. Really.)

I think the story might still be running light on detail and depth, though. Well, still. I can fix that later. Openings always do this to me -- this feeling that I haven't quite gotten the feel yet, that I'm overlooking things.

I'm going to do a few more hundred words and go to 3000 at least before I stop and sleep for a few hours. When I come back, I'll be half way through the intro stuff and be able to get more into the story. That should help.

No comments: