Monday, September 15, 2003



Okay, yes. I am going to rant. If you don't want to know how I truly feel about things that happened at FM in the last couple days, don't read this. You are no more required to read it -- or agree with me -- than you are required to stay at Forward Motion if things there don't agree with you.

I have spent nearly seven hours dealing with the problem at Forward Motion. For every troublesome post on the site, there are twice as many emails and private messages with people worried, upset, and angry. I'd like to think that everything that happened was unintentional...

But, unfortunately, I can't believe that the people creating the problems are stupid. Believing that they aren't stupid is a problem all of its own. It means that I have to also believe they are purposely creating trouble to tear apart a site that they no longer care about. And they do it despite their protests of having friends at the site, and how much the site had helped them.

Right. If this is how they treat their friends and deal with things that they consider helpful, I wish them a lot of luck in the future. These are not stupid people, but they are childish and self-centered. Me, give the power to me! Oh, you won't let me tell you how to run things... well, then you're bad evil people for making me abide by the rules I agreed to when I joined.

Is this some sort of thing that kids are learning in school these days -- that because they join something, they get to tell people how to run it? Because welcome to the real world, child -- life doesn't work that way. You can join any group -- let's take the Y for an example. You can go there, make friends, join in the fun, discuss things that do not directly relate to the YMCA/YWCA goals -- but that will never give you the right to decide the rules by which the Y is governed. Same thing goes for work. Sorry, but that's life. I think some of you out there ought to take this as a chance to learn about reality.

I don't know why I keep thinking, and expecting, better from them. I'm disappointed every time. I'm really sorry for that, too.

In the mean time, I have the cold from hell, a bad toe and two major editing jobs to get done for publishers. I've put enough time and effort into trying to cover for people who would rather see the site shut down than to just walk away from it.

It's not going to happen. The site is going to keep going. Go bother someone else.

No comments: