Saturday, September 27, 2003



I've been busy the last couple days. A Hope in Hell is up to 17,789 words. The three kittens are very nearly tamed. I think they'll come in for good about the time Russ comes home. I'm too chicken to do it when I'm the only one here, in case there is some serious problem. I can imagine them getting into fights with my older cats. Or panicking and trying to leap out a closed window. I had one cat go through the pane of glass on a french door once. It's way to easy to imagine something worse.

Right now the window is open. Two of the kittens (and one of the older strays) are sitting inside. Actually, it turned out to be all three. The little black and white had climbed up on the books where she likes to rest, and I didn't even realize she was over there.

I had to chase them out (Yes, they didn't want to go) so that I could leave the room for a cuple minutes. I won't leave the window open if I'm not here, and I didn't want to panic them by closing it down.

I have a new idea for yet another novel. I've started doing the notes up for it as well. I don't know where all these ideas are coming from, but that's all right. I like doing the outlines and then having stuff ready to go later.

Anyway, time to get back to work. As soon as I get a chapter done in the book I'll start typing in the outline for the new novel...

No comments: