Wednesday, September 17, 2003

A few words about childishness and harassment

Creating web based email accounts just to tell someone about how you are going to ruin them and Forward Motion -- and then killing the account -- is childish Or maybe you figured another way around email that I haven't seen -- I'm not much of a tech. I only know that I can't answer your emails, and since some of the quotes have been from my journal, I am going to answer you here.

I don't care if you belong to both sites. I never have cared. That's a lie perpetuated by people who are trying to create dissention between the groups. You want the honest truth -- I have always thought that Evolution was a great idea because it took some of the people who were unhappy away from Forward Motion and gave them a new place to play rather than staying at FM and complaining that it was not the way they would do it. Now they have their chance. Is it going to hurt people to belong to both sites? Of course not. It's just a web site. That's all both of them are. They can be fun, they can be helpful, and they can be great places to hang out. Belonging to one does not mean that you are marked and somehow unfit for company. Get a clue.

It does not matter.

I don't care if you belong to a thousand sites. Why could it possibly be important to me or to anyone else at FM? We are a writing site, and either you find what you want there, or you don't. However, threatening to ruin a site for other people goes beyond childishness, don't you think? If you try to start trouble on Forward Motion, you will -- as others have learned -- be shown the door, and rather quickly. I'm sorry if others find the use of removal from the site unpleasant. But it has to be done sometimes, and if people purposely start trouble I'm not going to stand by and let it go on. That happens to be a part of my job.

I've already addressed the childishness. Telling me that you are going to convince my publishers that I have been plagiarizing people and stealing stories is harassment. If you do, in fact, contact any of my publishers, I will do my best to hunt you down and sue you. And yes, I am pretty certain I know who you are. That's what comes of seeing someone on a writing site for years -- you get to recognize writing styles and quirks. I could be wrong, of course, so I won't give out any names.

I have already deleted fifteen letters from different email addresses saying pretty much the same thing. If you are going to write again, at least show a little creativity, will you? Otherwise maybe you ought to turn all that energy to fiction for a while.

No comments: