Sunday, September 21, 2003



I can't seem to get a grip on ending Emergent. This is odd. I'm likely only four or five pages from the end, and it just sits there, staring at me. Taunting me like the evil little story it is.

Ha. I'll end it. "And they all shook hands and went back home."

The funny thing is that would almost work.

Really, the trick here is to find the ending and write it, for good or bad. It won't be as exciting as I first imagined. I can fix that in a rewrite, later. It is not going to suddenly sprout wings and fly for me. I'm going to have to drag it to the end instead.

People know that I finish every story I begin. This is what happens when one of them just doesn't quite fall the way I had hoped. I put it off for months, but I knew that I'd have to get to it before the end of December. Better now than sitting there in the last week of the year bemoaning the way it was driving me crazy.

I'll have another story for that work.

But right now... I'm going to go glare at Emergent for a few more minutes.

No comments: