Thursday, December 13, 2001

Just playing around this morning. I'm up way too early, but Russ will be leaving for New York in a few minutes, and I'd like to see him off. He's at a meeting right now, but he'll come back past here and throw a few things together, then head to Omaha to catch his plane.

I don't see many mornings any more. Sometimes I stay up this late, but I rarely get up, unless I might be going somewhere. I have never been fond of mornings. Most of it was because I had to go to school, and I hated it. Not school so much as just the people there. We moved quite a bit when I was younger, and that made me the perpetual outsider. When we finally stopped moving, it was a a time of such great family stress that I hated everything, everywhere.

So now I just associate mornings with stress, I think. And work -- had to get up early to go to work, which was also not my favorite thing.

I have a good life now. I could even get to like an occasional morning...

No comments: