Monday, December 31, 2001

I am not allowed to sleep.

If it's not the cats at the door or climbing all over me, it's the dog barking like crazy. I think she may have had reason for the seconed one, though. It looks as though our older van is parked in front of the house, which means the friend we had loaned it to a few years ago must have brought it up from Omaha.

Now, there are a few reasons why he could have done this. I know he's getting married and I assume she also has a car, and since they live at an apartment, they might not have had room for the van anymore.

Or, it might be that the odd noise Russ heard in our newer van turned out to be something serious, and he had to call and ask that they bring the Van back.

Or it might not be our van. I mean I haven't seen it in about three years, and though it looks like ours, there are quite a few of those older Astro Vans around.

The truth is that I just didn't need to wake up this way. I would like to have slept until Russ got home, but that's the way it goes. I'm up. I've taken a bath and washed my hair, which I shouldn't have done since I still need to go feed the outdoor guys. I think, in fact, that I might go take care of all of that right now, and then sit down and right the last of my words for 2001.

Odd year...