Thursday, August 10, 2006

Eeek....

I think I'm going to need all the help I can get, so having Zaphod here to help me type is a good idea, right?

I've decided to take part in the Paperback Writer Challenge because -- well, come on, this is the sort of thing I love. I don't know that I'm going to write something new, though. I might.

It won't be Touched by the Wild, though I will be done with it soon. I'm just not happy with the story over all, and I know some of the things I need to do to fix it... but I don't know if I want to take that time right now. I might need a little distance on it.

Part of the problem may be this horrible chest cold I have right now, made worse by an incredible amount of humidity. I've been ignorning it, then dealing with drugs that make me sleep for most of the day and make my brain go wonky. Writing is... a challenge. Even changing cat litter is a challenge, and my husband stepped in to help.

I have about three chapters left to do on Touched by the Wild, so I'll at least have this draft done soon. I've started making notes at the top of the manuscript to tell me things I want to change when I do a rewrite. As busy as I am... Don't know when I'll get to it. It depends on how much work it really looks like when I get that far.

I do have two other projects in the nonfiction stuff that are nearly done, though, so that's good.

And I have Zaphod to help, right? Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Zette said...

Oh, and no car yet, either. Soon, we think.