Saturday, August 26, 2006

Closer....

On Monday, we start Labor of Love/Unfinished Business. I have definitely trying to get things done so that I can take part. I think I'll go ahead and do the first day, no matter what. Maybe even two or three days, if all goes well. After that, it's all up in the air because I still have Vision to do. I've got part of it done, but it always takes more than I think.

I am doing Sudden Storm for sure. I've been working on the outline again, fleshing it out and filling in the blanks. I'm into the 'end' section of the story, and slowed up a bit, but I think that it'll go pretty well. I'm looking forward to it. Right now I have 72 entries in my outline. I don't think I'll have trouble getting as many as 90 written since I'm still a ways from the end -- but I also don't have a lot of time to do it in. I had the story points all written out, but I hadn't divided them into chapters and scenes, which is how I work -- so that's why I'm redoing the outline. Anyway, if I can get it to 90 entries, than each one doesn't have to be more than 1000 words and I'll have a good, long novel. I like working this way. It makes writing each of those little steps far easier than if I wrote less detailed outlines and had to do (say) 3,000 words for each of 30 entries. The smaller the bite, the easier it is to write. I've also found that the more of the story I have in place, the easier it is for me to add in details.

I have other things I really need to get done as well, and I'm not getting very far on anything. Ugh. I almost feel like I need a break from everything right now, just to clear my head and get a clean start. De Soto Wildlife Refuge would be nice. Ashfall would be nice. I think I'll settle for a trip to the store to buy food. (grin) Posted by Picasa

No comments: