Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Zoo

I went to the zoo today. Well, yesterday, actually. I have some interesting pictures, and I'm sorting through them and trying to get caught up on other things... but it was a good day. I'm a bit tired, but I had fun!

Buying the pass to the zoo was the wisest thing we've done in a while. It cost us nothing for me to ride along with Russ, who had a class to teach. I sat outside the zoo for an hour before they opened, but that wasn't bad at all. I did notes on my pocket PC. We did buy a set of Hostess Cupcakes so that I would have a little something to snack on since I would be there for eight hours. I drank water so I didn't even buy a soda. A nice, painless cheap getaway for the day -- and the pass has pretty much paid for itself already. I told Russ that I want to go at least once a month and he thought that's a great idea. So far I've made March, April and May.

I came home and slept for a few hours -- mostly because I hadn't slept the night before and between that and the all the walking I was pretty worn out! I'm still tired, and I don't think I'm going to stay up much longer, either. In fact, I think I'll go feed the babies again and crawl off to bed... after I do a couple update things at FM. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jean said...

Great fish pic! I'm so glad you're getting chances to escape to the zoo. What a treat.