Sunday, May 21, 2006

Little Monsters

Yes, they're still little cute monsters. That's Zaphod at about five weeks old. Such a cute little guy. And they have this 'instant on' switch -- if you pick them up, they immediately start purring.

I spent most of today working out the final guidelines for classes at FM. Now it's up to anyone else to decide if they want to present classes under these guidelines or not.

Being a volunteer, either at FM or elsewhere, doesn't mean that you just get to do what you want. Sorry, life doesn't work that way. Every place from the Red Cross to the local library has rules, and you don't walk in and tell the people that this is what you're going to do without the people in charge having some say. Yes, this is a change in how the classes were in the past. That's going to happen now and then, just as it happened when Holly ran the site.

I have pretty much given up all hope of making the Story-A-Day dare. Every time I get going on it something else comes up, most of it at FM. Most of the problems were all 'back scene' stuff that I took care of, but it takes time. And more than that, it takes me out of the writing. Sometimes it's just hard to get back in. Today, besides trying to find a good, working compromise on the chat/board classes, I also had the two 2YN classes to get done. I just got those posted a few minutes ago, and then went and helped Russ feed the kittens. And now it's late and I still haven't finished the story. I'm tired. I think it might be time to call it a night and hope for better tomorrow. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, but I loved the cat pictures!

Zette said...

Aren't they just the cutest little things? And they're so sweet!