Monday, May 08, 2006

Slow, slow, slow

I can't seem to get up enough energy to do much of anything today. I did the needed things -- fed cats, changed cat litter, swept the hall. I have written about 25 words. Mostly, I just sort of stare at the computer and try to decide what to do next. Answer some more email (did a little of that), feed kittens (did that, but it's going to happen again soon), write. I want to write.

Brain just isn't there. And I'm going to start dinner in a few minutes, so that's going to slow me down a bit, too.

Maybe I should work on zoo pictures for a while. I still have a whole ton of them from my last trip that I haven't gotten to yet. I would like to get my site updated, too. Or completely changed.

You know, that's the first thing that's kind of gotten my attention all day.

I need to do some DTF work as well. I'll pull up the next novel in the slush pile and start working through them. I can do one a day, usually, if I really don't do much else. And right now is the time to do it, before I start up on Vision work again.

Okay, so talking to myself helps. I finally have a list of things to get done.

But food is first. If I do dinner now we'll be done before I have to go feed the small bottomless pit kitten-monsters. (grin)

I am working on an odd short story for the SAD dare. The prompt brought to mind two characters from Vita's Vengeance, which I am rewriting (and it's going well!), so I sat down to do a later story with them. It's not much of a story, but it's fun to write. Just have to get moving on it and on to the next one. SAD has been good for me this year. I was right about that -- it was just what I needed to get moving on short stories again. They aren't great (though I like two of them), but they are allowing me to get the feel of such stuff again.

I need to get a couple submissions out this month. Hmmmm....

But right now it's time to go make dinner. Hunger wins out today! Posted by Picasa

No comments: