Friday, March 18, 2005


Hottentot Teals

Yes, another morning. So far I've gotten some site work done and cleaned up part of the bathroom. I'm feeling more and more normal each day. I have got to stop this.

I need to get as much done on Dancer as I can over the next couple days because I'm going to have Ada Nish Pura back on the writing table by Monday. Yay! I love working on that novel, and I'm really looking forward to getting it done. There is a lot of work ahead.

I love Sheila's post today! I admit that I haven't read Pride and Prejudice, but you really don't need to to follow the logic of the post, since she explains it so well. (There are a lot of important works that I haven't read, and a lot of odd works that I have and most everyone else hasn't. Some day I might get to it. You never know.)

I'm not sure where I fit in the line. My general feeling is that if I'm going to work this hard, I might as well enjoy it. And you know, I've done a lot better at it by following that route than many of the 'you must suffer for your art' and 'oh look at me, aren't I just clever, you must worship me now' people. I'm making my place, I'm happy getting there.

Today I'm going to be bouncing between writing and trying to get some housework done. It must be this spring thing that's coming up. Or maybe it's mornings. At any rate, both will pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a copy of Pride and Prejudice from somewhere or another, and after reading her post, I want to read it.

*stacks it on the "read" pile*