Sunday, June 15, 2003



Are we going to turn up at the top of the list again? I'll believe it when I see it...

I am starting to feel things begin to rebuild and fire up inside me again. I want to work on the edit of Doors, and I want to get Dacey's Dream done, and finish off those short stories. This is a good sign, or at least it would be if I actually felt like I could get to any of this sort of stuff.

I am, really, having a bit of fun with the writing. DD is going better than I could have hoped, and the one silly short story I keep writing a bit on is going to end at probably less than 2000 words. That would be fine. I like the idea of having a story finished again.

My two research pieces aren't doing badly, either. One of them is teaching me far more about animals than I have ever known before. Just fascinating stuff, and I'm into the parrot section right now. Eventually I'll make it all the way to mammals, which ought to be really odd.

I have my second set of Interview questions from a site. It's kind of interesting to look them over and try to decide what I want to answer (there are many choices in this case) and how best not to look like a dork. I've been sorting through the questions for a couple days now, and I have to admit that it's a bit daunting. They are not terribly difficult questions, but it's hard to decide what I can answer in ways that might be interesting enough to read.

Maybe I ought to just go back to writing the stories for a little while, right?

No comments: