Wednesday, June 05, 2002

I have been suffering for hours with one of the worse headaches I've had in a long time. Normally I can just work around them. This one kept me in bed. I finally forced myself up and crawled back here. I looked out the back window. And there it was again...

A big brown chicken.

This wasn't the first time I had seen a big brown chicken wandering around the neighborhood. I called for Russ. Once again, by the time he arrived, the big brown chicken had disappeared.

He just sort of patted me on the shoulder, mumbled something about headaches, and asked about feeding the cats.

I took my camera and went outside. And I couldn't find the big damn brown chicken. I did find that my nice peonys were starting to bloom. I took a couple pictures. And turned to go back inside.

And there it was, standing in the neighbor's driveway, taunting me. I pulled up the camera. It darted into the shadows. I stalked. (So, by the way, did my largest stray cat... but as soon as Russ shook the food and poured some out, he decided that was far easier to catch...)

I have pictures. Big brown neighborhood chicken creature.

No comments: