Thursday, June 24, 2004



This is going very well! I already finished chapter #7 this morning. Only 16 more chapters to go in this phase, and then another reading/fix and off to the copy editor it goes! So that's what I'm focusing on today. I think I can get this done in one or two more days.

I really shouldn't have left this sitting for so long after the last edit/rewrite. I just get caught up in other work, and that has got to stop. My submissions are way down this year. And while I love working with Forward Motion and Vision, I have to start taking time away to do my own work. I know this is logical and all... but I've already spent over an hour answering emails dealing with the ridiculous 'ban minors' suggestion. I haven't even started on the Vision email, and the people there have valid reasons to wonder what's going on since I still haven't gotten contracts out. Those computer problems I had mean I had to rebuild the database, and I just haven't had time to get it all done.

And I will get this book finished and sent off first. It's not going to take me that long if I just keep my attention focused.

So, this is going to be another day of 'got another chapter done!' entries. Having somewhere to report has kept me focused on the work.

So, off I go to the next one!

No comments: