Saturday, July 12, 2003



There. A query letter has gone out. I don't do those often enough, and I'm sure I didn't do this one well... but you have to start somewhere. I've been exchanging notes with the editor, and although she is not accepting any packages until August, she did say to go ahead and query early.

I could have sat and played with it for a few more days or weeks, but what's the use? It was as good as it was going to get. All I could have done is changed the words to make them different, not better.

Sometimes even something as simple and short as a query letter has to be released into the world.

So now it's back to the novel. I'm happy with what I've gotten tonight -- over 600 words so far -- and I think I should be able to make 1000 before I fall over dead again.

No comments: