Saturday, July 26, 2003



Ah, the joys of working on the Agenda full of things that have to be corrected before you can hope that the PDF version will work...and with a server that seems to hate me these days. Now I can't seem to get the site to upload the material. I don't think it's asking too much that it let me upload the stupid stuff now that I've done all the work on it!

Headache. This thing is giving me a headache...

But it's almost done, one way or another. If it continues to give me problems, I'll send off the PDF and try for the other stuff a little later.

Oh, look. The weather bug just chirped again to remind me of the heat advisor (like I hadn't noticed the heat index is 108...)

While waiting for programs to do something (Complete the work or bomb out -- after a while I really don't care which), I've been reading a wonderful nonfiction book titled Treason by the Book. Every page is filled with wonderful little bits and pieces of fantasy material, from the way the government worked to the tales of women bandits in the Chinese provinces.

Last night I finished adding in all the scenes I had planned for Glory. Next I'll be working my way through the novel adding in description and explanation where it's needed. If I average 10 new words per page I can bring the total up to close to 100,000 words. Ten words is not that much -- a few colors, a scent, a sound... the things that should make the book come alive anyway. But it will be much slower going.

Not as slow as this cursed agenda, though. I think I'm going to have to stop the program, and restart the work of the upload.

Sigh....

No comments: