Wednesday, May 28, 2003



Oh my. Running out of days in May. I have to send something else out for a submission, and I'm entirely uncertain what story I would want that to be. Odd. It's not a feeling that I have nothing, it's more of it a 'just sit back, don't worry about it' sort of feeling. I'm sure that can't be right. It's not like me at all. (grin)

Actually, I had thought about going back to the story a day dare at Forward Motion and at least try to get five more done for the dare... but just thinking about it made me starting feeling stress. So I decided against it, which made me feel stressed... but I got over it faster. (grin)

I am doing too well on Ruins to mess around with doing something else. I wrote nearly 3000 words today, and I've hit 62,830 on Ruins. I might make it a little farther tonight, but I've taken medication and I'm going to be falling over dead asleep soon. I'm coming up on the last third of the novel, and I hope that it flies soon, though 3000 words is not bad at all.

Then I start thinking about what I'll do when I'm done with this one. Maybe I'll do more short stories next month, and try to get some serious editing done on a couple novels. I need to start over with Dacey's Dream since I stopped about 1/3rd of the way in and didn't go back to it. I should get it done and turned in, and then look at reworking Eliora's World since that one came in so short. I have not finished the last book in the series, and that will need to be done before the year is out. And I need to finish Emergent as well. I don't think there is much more -- nope, just checked. A short story I don't have listed, but I know I have to finish, Emergent, Ruins, and Hope in Hell are all that need to be done. Usually by half way through the year I have more unfinished projects than I have months left to do them in.

This lack of unfinished work really pleases me. Ruins is almost done, and Hope in Hell is on hold because I need to work out some problems with Eliora's World first. Hope in Hell is the last book of the series, but I'll be editing for a good long time yet.

Emergent is the odd book out here. I started it on January 1. I have good characters, good opening, and then I wanted to do a change in the background worldbuilding. I need to get back to that work for it.

Oh, started yawning. I'd say it's time to head off to bed.

No comments: