Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Hello in there. Is there a brain cell awake? Hello? Can we please get some work done now?

No?

Ah well. I guess I'll just sit here and eat my rice and pretend like I'm thinking about what to do next on the stories. Any of the stories.

I'm not stuck. I have ideas, and they're both doing well (as well as the outline for book 7), but my brain just refuses to kick over and get to work. Russ pointed out that I've been more wide awake at about 6am when I come to bed than I am most of the rest of the day. Frightening thought. Must get brain cells to act normally. Yeah, right.

Okay, so we're one week into the new year. I've not done badly. I've written about 15,000 words. I've edited over 200 pages of material (both short stories and novels), and I've read two books -- though granted, one was very short, but quite.. inspirational as it turned out. I am very nearly done with C.J. Cherryh's Explorer, and had to make myself stop reading at 9am so that I'd get some sleep. I've watched something on TV every single day.

Now that last one may sound odd. But recall that I have a huge video collection, and I had the urge to revisit some of the old series we have in there. I rarely watch more than three or four hours a month, but I thought I'd try something different this year. I decided to make the choices somewhat random. I take one show per day off of each page of the printed list (there are over 200 pages), alternating from the front and back, and working toward the middle. This is almost all TV series stuff, since I left out all movies, music, and nonfiction shows.

So far I've watched a three 21 Jump Streets (didn't realize I had that many, although many are duplicates), a Disney Zorro and a CBN Zorro, and a Young Riders. It's been kind of interesting, jumping between them. Tonight would be a 77 Sunset Strip, but I still can't locate that run of tapes, which is really starting to annoy me. I may end up watching something that accidently got left in the list -- one of the 3 Stooges pieces. I've got several on laser disk. Well, that should make an interesting change, if nothing else.

(Has the brain started working yet? Testing, testing... time to open up the WIPS and see if we can get anywhere...)

Okay. Yes. I have written a few lines. Time to get to work. Wish me luck, people. (grin)


No comments: