Tuesday, December 10, 2002

I've gone crazy. I've gone stark raving mad. But I'm sure that doesn't surprise anyone here.

For the last few days I have been eeking out 1000 words a day, bouncing from one story to another with a mere 200 or so words on each one, and hoping one of them would take off so I could finish it and clear it out. I'm running out of days, after all. And I really don't have that much to get done. The run final through Dacey's Dream is going the best of all of them, and I have faith I can get this draft done quickly. I'll get it finished without a problem. Ada Nish Pura is a little more difficult, but I finally have the last half of the novel worked out plot wise and if I could get fall into it, I would get done in no time. The Sangre story is fun so far, and will likely not go more than 10,000 to 12,000 words. None of this should be a problem.

But I can't get into the stories. I'm not sure why.

No, that's a lie. I know exactly why. It's because a totally useless bit of TV fanfic is caught in my brain and has refused to let go. In fact two of them, based in the same series. Do you have to guess which series? I just watched 26 episodes in four days. Of course that's the only thing left in my brain right now.

I finally gave in a few minutes ago. After toying with the other stories for most of the day, and getting only 300 words written, I started a Garrison's Gorilla's story. I've already written, in the last ten minutes, more than I wrote on the other stuff in four hours. I don't know why I bothered to wait this long. I knew it would happen.

Well, fanfic has always been my 'vacation' writing, and I suspect this is my brain telling me that after 180,000 words in November it would like a little fluff and fun. I can live with that for a week or so.

Of course, there is also Vision to get done. So I had better start setting out everything for that as well if I want to be on time as well. Time for a nice little daily list, I suppose.

But at least I'm still having fun!

No comments: