Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Gack.

Not exactly my best set of days. Kincaid has been in and out of the kitty hospital, and he's just not looking good. I'm hoping the new medication helps, but he wouldn't eat at all tonight. This, of course, has affected just about everything I do. I get up and check on him every few minutes, which means writing anything more than a paragraph or so at a run is just not going to happen. But the stories are inching along. I'm just not having much fun with them. They're not bad, they're just not flying -- although the new Sangre story has had some fun lines, at least. And my MC made an important discovery in Ada Nish Pura. Too bad the giant sea creature grabbed him a moment later and is pulling him down into the ocean.

Russ will be leaving for New York on Thursday morning, but if all goes well he'll be back home on Sunday night. I rather expect a massive snow storm to trap him for a day or two, just to make me more miserable, but I'll survive it.

I have done nothing for the holidays and I don't think I will this year. No decorations, no tree, no Bear Story -- though that's not entirely true. I wrote a poem a couple days ago, finally, but I didn't do anything with it. I used to love the holiday season, and couldn't wait to get decorations up and make cookies. And I think I would still enjoy it, but I just got tired this year, I guess. It seems like an awful lot of effort just to entertain myself. And far too much money. I finally got a check, but Russ hasn't gotten any of his, so we'll be using mine to cover everything that needs taken care of before he leaves. You know -- food, cat food, more cat food, dog food, a couple bills. Oh and cat food.

I do have the new C.J. Cherryh book on my shelf. Yay! I'm looking forward to reading it, and I'll probably do that this weekend while Russ is gone.

No comments: