Saturday, January 01, 2005

2005!



Happy New Year!

Writing. Seems like a good idea, but apparently the actual work part is escaping me. I did a few hundred words last night on Serendipity Blues, but so far today I have not really gotten back into it. Time to focus and get to work! I don't know what it is about today that's throwing me, but I had that problem last night, too. I finally ended up writing when I went to bed. And even then I kept starting over after a few hundred words. Odd behavior on my part!

We are having an ice storm, by the way. We had to run out to the store for Diet Pepsi and saw one guy take out a stop sign. Russ pointed out that in this area ice storms have an affinity for holidays.

Yes, yes. Writing. I think I'll just throw myself back into the first scene of Serendipity Blues. It's a good story, and I think if I can just get moving on it I'll be much better off today. Otherwise, I'm going to end up redoing more websites and possibly even cleaning house. We need to do all we can to prevent that from happening.

I do, however, need to make copies of my 2004 manuscripts and file that away now. And I still have to get the last bit of Vision done. I'm just waiting for Russ to sort out some questions for me for the interview.

My total word count for last year was 1,035,404. I made 12 sales and placed four more pieces, and really did quite well overall in writing. And now it's time to start over. I still think there is some flaw in this plan....

This is the year I find out if I am any good at picking fantasy books. We're getting the editing done on the first one, and all is going well.

Beyond that.... things look good. I have stew going in the crock pot and bread in the machine. We might get snow tonight. I will get some writing done! And if I get my 1000 words, I can do some rearranging in my office that I've been meaning to do. Hmmm.... time to get to work!

No comments: